The LSS Discovery Control Panel is the primary control center of the whole Discovery-System. With it you can control and move almost all hoist in theatres and all hoists and telescopes horizontally and vertically. Also movable and immovable extensions, color changers, headlight bracket, moving lights, dimmers, barn doors and lenses etc. can be controlled directly from the Discovery Control Panel.
The Discovery Control Panel is based on a specially developed industrial PC (IPC) by LSS. The advantage of industrial PCs is that they correspond to the high demands on reliability, safety, and environmental influences. Also IPCs provide for the installed hardware components a long-term availability and upward compatibility plus an easy interchangeability of the modules. The necessary safety components are located inside the Discovery Control Panel. For application-specific installations, multiple isolated connectors are on the back side of the device.
Main features of the LSS Discovery Control Panel:
• 19″ touch screen TFT
• Industrial PC with Microsoft Windows XP Embedded
• Integrated keyboard drawer with USB
• Controlling via dead-man’s analog joystick with variable speeds depending on the degree of displacement and extended numeric keypad
• Low-noise cooling
• Additional relays for project-specific functions
• Good service opportunities
• Full compatible with Discovery Light
The Discovery Light is an alternative control panel for the Discovery System. It can be used for:
• Control panel in case of damage for the primary control panel
• Secondary control panel
• Primary control panel for studios with limited space
• Live-View screen
The Discovery Light is based like the Discovery Control Panel on an industrial PC. All connectors and the pin assignments are the same as at the Discovery Light Control Panel. Unlike the the primary control panel Discovery Light has its own housing. Following requirements are in the focus in the development of the housing:
• Low depth
• Small dimensions
• Low weight
• Compatible with 19 inch rack (4 units)
• Safety Panel for safety-related controls in 19 inch rack design (2 units)
• High-resolution touchscreen
• Trackball and keypad
Through the requirements the Discovery Light is easy to carry and has a low installation depth with 100mm. So the Discovery Light can be installed in almost any wall paneling, in trolleys or in a desktop housing.
The LSS TelescopeController II is an intelligent all-in-one telescope control for the DiscoverySystem. It includes an intelligent PROFIBUS-DP-slave and optionally a rail compatible, performance and frequency-optimized interface. Main application of the LSS TelescopeController II is the control of telescopes, lift lines and motorized pantographs plus their sub-devices such as motorized yokes and barn doors, color changers, moving lights and shuttledimmers. The LSS TelescopeController II is an user-friendly plug-in device for the telescope control box. All signal LEDs and controls are easily accessible from outside. With an optional graphic display states can be represented.
The LSS TelescopeController II performs the following and much more tasks automatically:
• Control the frequency converter
• Control of lifting and moving contactors
• Target-actual comparison of the telescope axes
• Generation of DMX-signals for the light and sub-devices and holding this in case of bus-failure